Returning to Trading
If your terminal(s) have been inactive for a significant period of time - longer than a week - you should go through the following checks before you are ready to resume trading.
One Week Before
- We advise that you remove the battery from your terminal if it is to be inactive. If you have done this, replace the battery, as described here.
- Charge the terminal for up to 24 hours.
- When the terminal is fully charged, ensure that it has internet connection.
- Allow system updates to take place.
If your terminal fails to charge, contact Valitor Technical Support, who will advise further, and possibly order a replacement battery to be sent to you. This could take several days to arrive. Again, it is important to allow time for this possibility.
If you do need to replace the battery, when it arrives, you will need to charge it for up to 24 hours.
Approximately once a month, Ingenico terminals will call the Terminal Management System (TMS) to receive any updates to the software, details of new card schemes, and any changes to your configuration. This call will take place automatically, normally outside of standard trading hours. If the TMS call is interrupted part way through downloading a new or updated configuration file, for example due to a communications problem, you may experience one of the following:
- A receipt is printed out, saying FAIL, and you will need to make the TMS call manually. Press twice, then (Supervisor), enter the password, press again, and then (Call TMS).
- The terminal will be set into a NOT READY state and will not be usable until the file has been downloaded. If your terminal displays the NOT READY status message, it is not initialised. Press once and choose the menu option.
PAX terminals have updates applied from the Valitor marketplace as required.
All updates require a certain amount of battery/power in the terminal, and internet access. Most updates are relatively fast, but you should allow enough time for multiple updates to be applied.
One Day Before
- Turn the terminal on, and check the battery levels.
- Ensure that it is connected to the internet, to allow for any system updates that may have come through since your previous check.